TERESA

Hi! Today I want to tell you about “Teresa” which is a 2010 Mexican TV serie starring by Angelique Boyer as Teresa, Sebastián Rulli as Arturo de la Barrea and Aarón Díaz as Mariano. This is my favorite Mexican drama, because it has a lot of drama, of course, and it has much to analyze. I am going to tell you just the most important about it, because it has a lot of drama and it would be so long.

The plot is about a young woman who is beautiful and smart. She was studying in an exclusive school because she won a scholarship to study there, otherwise she would not be able to do it, because her family were so poor. In her school she lied about her economic situation, she acted like she was millionaire and like her parents were always travelling for work.

She had a boyfriend named Paulo, who was rich too, and he was who found out that Teresa lied about her life, and when he knew, he broke up with her and told Aida the truth about her. Aida was a Teresa’s classmate, who was always jealous of her because she liked Paulo, so when she found out Teresa was poor, not rich like she said, she started to make Teresa’s life a hell. She humiliated Teresa so much, she threw coffee on her, called her “rata de vecindad”, “golfa”, or whatever insult it could damage her. So, because of that, Teresa decided to take revenge against everyone who humiliated her for being poor and she swore not let that happen again.

I have to admit that Teresa was always ambitious and she always had the plan to make a rich man fall in love with her, but I am pretty sure she wouldn’t have been that bad if her classmates wouldn’t bully her for her situation. And yes, she lied from the beginning about her life but, honestly, been poor in that kind of environment for some people is intimidating, so I can’t blame her for that.  

I think is shameless to bully a person because of their economic situation and then hope that person would be nice to you. It is not like a way to justify Teresa because the things she did, because she did really bad things, but we can’t pretend that what we do to other person or how we treat them is not going to have a consequence in their way to act. I think blame Teresa of everything is an individualistic view, because we can’t forget Aida and her classmates who bullied her. I know, Teresa could act different, it is not a rule or an obligation to act that bad when someone damages you, but not every person react the same way to a same experience, so it would be better if we just stop to treating bad other people, because I am pretty sure things could have been different than they were.

I know this is just a TV serie but I take it so serious because bullying and classism are current topics and I think series are good ways to practice your critical view and they are an opportunity to talk about this kind of topics which are really important.


Comentarios

  1. Hi! The truth is that I have never seen a single episode of Teresa, but the drama you are talking about draws my attention, haha. Furthermore, I completely agree with your final message. Absolutely no one should have to endure being humiliated by their socioeconomic status.

    ResponderEliminar

  2. I love Latin dramas! i think they are the only narrative gender truly south American.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. woow I love this, a while ago I was watching a mexican TV show named "la reina del sur" on netflix, it was really good!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Harry Potter

MY DOG