Harry Potter

Hi! Today I want to tell you about my favorite book’s saga, which is Harry Potter. I read it when I was like eleven years old in 2012, and in almost two months I finished the entire saga, the seven books.

My sister, who is six and a half years older than me, read them first when she was at school and she really loved it and recommended to me. I had already seen the eight movies when she told me that.

Harry Potter’s books tell the story of a boy, named Harry, and his adventures with his friends while his studying at Hogwarts (a magic and sorcery school) and tries to defeat You-Know-Who (Voldemort). I won’t tell you the story book by book because it would be really extensive, when I talk or write about this I get really excited.

So, I started and then I could not stop, the books really caught me. I remember that I read it not in holidays, I was at school and my mom got mad at me because I preferred Harry Potter’s books instead my homework.

Read the books was all an adventure, so many emotions. First books are like more for children, the story is lighter than the others. Throughout the books, the story is getting darker and heavier. As Harry is growing and maturing with his age so is the story.

In comparison with movies, I think books were SO much better. The emotions I felt watching the movies had nothing to do with what I felt reading the books. I mean, movies were really good, I really like them and every time I can I see them, but it doesn’t take away the fact that watched some parts of the books in the movies was like disappointing.

Anyway, my entire family loves Harry Potter as well (me, my sister, my brother and my mom), so we have a tradition: Every July 31st (Harry Potter’s birthday) we make a cake, the cake that appears in the first movie (pink with green letters), and celebrate his birthday :D. Also, I want to say that it is really great to share pleasures with my family, as I said in other blog, we also share the love of Chayanne!




Comentarios

  1. Hi Pao! I´m fan of Harry Potter too, after seeing all the movies I became obsessed with harry potter. I actually have never read the books but it´s something that I really want to do, I want to buy the whole saga.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello! I also have a close relationship with Harry Potter. At first I didn't know much about the books and the movies, but one of my best friends was (and is) a fan of both and she introduced me to that world. My birthday is in the middle of July and the movies were almost always released around that time, so for several years my friend's gifts were a ticket to the cinema to see the premiere of each movie. At first I was laughing because it was like a gift for her, but little by little I started to like them and it became a tradition between us. Reading your post brought me all those good memories, thanks!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

TERESA

MY DOG