A country I would like to visit

A country I would like to visit is Russia, specifically St. Petersburg’s. The principal reason is that it have, in my opinion, the best ballet training in the world and I am a really fanatic of ballet. My two favorite dancers dance in St. Petersburg’s and I really want to see them dance live. On the other hand, at least for photos, this city seems really pretty, and according to what I have read, this is an essential place to visit if you go to Russia.

I would go to Russia just like a tourist, not for studies, work, or live there. I think Russia’s language scares me a little bit, so I wouldn’t be there for a really long time –like months- or I would cry. So there is no possibilities for me to study or work there, and definitely there’s no way for me to live there, the scare of its letters is so big that I don’t even want to try to learn it, I would take the risk of going there just because I really love ballet.

I know this city is known for its cultural and architectural heritage, because of its churches, museums and palaces. Besides, some people calls it “the Venice of Russia” because of its beautiful waterways. About politics and economy I don’t really know so much about it, because I don’t think it is that relevant if I am going just as a tourist, but maybe I could read a little about it. I have also read that the metro system in St. Petersburg is really fantastic. 

If I go, I would be in the city as long as my money allows me, but from what I have read, Russia is not what you could call an expensive country, it depends a lot on where you stay and eat. My plan would be walk around the city and its streets to see the great buildings that are there, know museums and, of course, go to the theatres to see ballets performing, especially the Mariinsky Theatre, where my favorite dancer is the First Soloist. And I would definitely go on summer or spring because I wouldn’t handle the winter, too cold for me.  


Comentarios

  1. Oh, this is very interesting and I agree with you to travel to know and not to study or work. What you mentioned about ballet also caught my attention, I'm going to look for that!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Pao!,
    When I was a little girl I remember going to ballet classes and it was really nice to practice it.
    Like you the Russian language scares me too, I've heard Russians talk and it really seems very complicated.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It’s very interesting what you say about Russia. But personally, I wouldn’t dare travel there, because, like you, I’m a little afraid of their language. I think I couldn't even ask for an address... hahaha

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi, Pao! It is good to know a little about you, i never imagine that you are a fan of ballet. I tink Russia it is a beautiful and very interesting country. I like this country especially for its history.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

TERESA

Harry Potter

MY DOG